I. POWER OF THOUGHT
Man alone has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality. Man alone can dream and make his dreams come true. Through evolution and struggle during millions of years man has risen above the other creatures of the earth as a result of his own thoughts and their effects upon himself. Through the evolutionary power of thought the hopes and ambitions of one generation became a reality in the next. Hence, it is necessary to study this subject in detail. Main Features of the Power of Thought are –
1. THOUGHT IS THE MOST POTENT FORCE: Thought is the precursor of word and deed and is the most potent and powerful force. The battle is first fought and won in the mind. Success is achieved twice, once in the mind and second time in the real world. Visualizing your goals and success through thought is an important skill for any successful person. No matter in whose mind thought occurs; its laser-like energy seeks target. Thought as a potent force is well recognized since ages.
2. POWER OF THOUGHT IS LIMITLESS: No one knows the limitations of the power of thought or whether or not it has any. Whatever man believes he can do, he eventually does. But a few generations back, the more imaginative writers dared to write of the ‘horseless carriage’, and lo! It became a reality and is now a common vehicle.
3. THOUGHTS ARE THINGS: The man who knows how to use his power of thought constructively and persistently wins success. Fortunate is the person who has found how to arouse or stimulate his thinking mind so that the powers of the mind will function constructively. Such a mind may be made to do anything constructive when placed back of any strong, deeply seated desire. Thoughts being things do in fact have power, because your every thought and word is contributing to your life experience. Your thoughts produce emotions that in turn, result in how you feel about a particular event occurring in your life. However, two people can look at the exactly same event and have opposite feelings about it. The feelings accordingly affect one's actions leading to results in various things. Thus, you are creating your own reality, moment by moment, with the thoughts you choose to think and what you say, both to yourself and others.
Closely monitor your every thought, word and feelings. When you catch yourself dwelling in the negative, interrupt your pattern and substitute it with a positive thought. It is said that every thought consistently held for about 15 to 20 seconds will begin to attract a similar energy. This is one of the reasons you read your life’s vision and goals daily. This will hold your attention on thoughts of those things which you want and help you bring it towards you.
4. THOUGHTS EMPOWER MAN TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS: Man’s dominating position in the world is the direct result of thought. The power of thought has been given the dominating position in one’s life. It is this very power that you as an individual use in the attainment of success. No matter what may be your idea of what represents success.
5. ALL THOUGHT IS CREATIVE OR PRODUCTIVE: Thoughts can produce both positive and negative things. So, all thought is not constructive or positive. The power to “think” as you wish to “think” is the only power over which you have absolute control. If you think thoughts of misery or poverty and see no way to avoid these conditions, then your thoughts will create those very conditions and curse you with them. But, reverse the order and think thoughts of a positive, expectant nature. Then your thoughts will create those very positive conditions. Therefore, it rests upon you as to whether your thought will be of positive or negative type.
6. WHATEVER YOU COVCEIVE, YOU CAN ACHIEVE: Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. It is because thoughts are powerful things when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose and a burning desire for their translation into material object by application of known principles being discussed here.
7. THOUGHTS MAGNATIZE YOUR PERSONALITY: You are the master of your faith and the captain of your soul by reason of the fact that you control your own thoughts with whose aid you may create whatever you desire. Thought magnetizes your entire personality and attracts to you the outward physical things that harmonize with the nature of your thoughts. Through power of thought, you should take an inventory of yourself for the purpose of ascertaining the factors or qualities with which you need to give your-self a well balanced and rounded out personality to achieve success.
8. THOUGHTS LEAD TO INFINITE INTELLIGENCE: Plant a definite "Chief Aim" in your sub-conscious mind and fertilize it with full positive belief. Belief will pave the way for “Infinite Intelligence” to step in to mature that project into exact reality. Any thing short of positive belief or faith will bring you disappointment.
9. THOUGHTS ARE GOLDMINES: More gold has been mined from thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the earth. But, success comes to those who are success conscious. Success begins with a state of mind with definiteness of purpose. It comes only to those people who work hard and long with positive attitude.
10. TOUGHTS CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESS CONSCIOUS: You can create success consciousness in your mind. Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious with negative attitude. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing is to quit. That is what majority of men do. However, they could avoid defeat by learning the art of changing their thoughts or minds from failure consciousness to success consciousness.